Legal Affiliates Group - Promised a mortgage modification and then nothing after payment

I was contacted one day by an employee of Legal Affiliates Group regarding my interest in a mortgage modification with Chase Bank.I was assured that LAG had lots of experience with Chase and knew how to get the modification.

I told them I'd been turned down by Chase a couple of times for a modification..I followed their instructions and sent the checks..1/2 now and 1/2 in 1 month..and didn't send in 2 house payments...which has ruined my credit standing..I was able to speak with my assigned caseworker for the month of Dec. and part of Jan..soon no one answered the phone or returned calls.

I called hundreds of times, leaving messages..One evening I rec'd a call from my case worker, Andres Arango who told me what had happened.He said that he felt badly about me losing the money..He sent me an email and filled me in with details and who to file a complaint with..which I did..

Review about: Mortgage Modification.

Legal Affiliates Group - Mr. Devin Smith

Houston, Texas 0 comments

Legal Affiliates Group charged me $2500 to get into their loan modification program and assured me that they would get Bank of America to lower my mortgage in half.I signed on with them in July of 2012, and have not heard from them since.

They told me that because of the many applications for loan modification that were submitted before mine, that it would take a little while before I would hear something from them.

Over a year has passed and I have not heard from them yet.It seems that the government should step in and help all of us who have been taken advantage of during our hardships to keep our homes.

Review about: Loan Modification Program.

Legal Affiliates Group - TOBEY WEST LOAN MODIFICATION SCAM ARTIST

Spokane, Washington 20 comments

Tobey West, Tobias I.A. West, Todd West, Todd Goodman owner of Family 1st Home Preservations, Legal Affiliates Group, Loan Educators, Family First Home Preservation Services. Tobey uses the alias Todd so people don’t know his real name. I was an employee of Tobey and I know personally he has ripped off all his clients. He never submitted one file to the bank. He just takes client’s money and then never does anything to help them. He also doesn’t pay commissions to his sales people. Everything I was told to tell my clients was prefabricated on a script that we are told to use or we would be fired. Tobey also parades his Arab wife around the office. He buys her Gucci and Prada purses meanwhile clients are losing their houses and his employees aren’t getting paid.

Tobey uses a virtual office and claims his company is based out of Beverly Hills, CA but the truth is, he is located in a Downtown Los Angeles. His exact physical address is 3325 Wilshire Blvd. Unit 940. Los Angeles, CA 90010. Tobey West also hangs his California Real Estate License at Nourmand and Associates located at 6525 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA.

According to California law SB94 it is illegal for ANYONE in the state of California to collect an upfront fee for a loan modification. If you are a victim of Tobey West you can contact the California Department of Real Estate and the Federal Trade Commission FTC.

Tobias I.A. West California Department of Real Estate #01485673.

Do not let this *** take advantage of you. He will take your money and not save your house.

Review about: Loan Modification Fraud.

Comments

Going by The name Eric west now doing real estate again.How does the dre let this degenerate change his name and still practice after being sued and losing to the FTC ?

Call the dre his license number is on here.People get away with this when victims don't fight and give up.

Now he's going by Eric West.This was his judgement.

How the f$&k are people like this allowed to practice real estate?

Everyone who has been burned by this man should contact the dre.Really wondering who he is trying to screw now.

Tobias West AKA Eric Decker has been running a scam company at 3530 Wilshire Blvd, LA, CA 90010 Suite #699!

He let go of all of his employees and didnt pay them for 3 or more weeks of work. Now he is claiming he is bankrupt and will not pay anybody ! DO NOT APPLY WITH SELECT STUDENT QUOTE TO CONSOLIDADTE YOUR STUDENT LOANS OR BEVERLY HILLA TAX SOLUTIONS TO FIX YOUR TAXES THOSE ARE THE SCAMS HE IS RUNNING NOW!

as of 1/25/16 he has been going by the name eric decker and running a new student loan scam from 3050 wilshire blvd ca suite 669

to Anonymous #1101256

3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 699-699A, Los Angeles, CA 90010 Correct Address

My name is Vivian Campos.Tobias West ruined my life.

I was a mother of 3 with beautiful house and loving husband. I was contacted by a person that worked at Legal Affiliates Group in Beverly Hills Calofornia. He told me if I paid them 1995.00 they could drop my payment by 50% and I didn't have to make my mortgagee payment. I trusted them.

After paying them the money I never heard from them again. Shortly after the loss of communications contact the bank only to find out they are a scam. Because of them we lost our home and my husband divorced me. The only reason I have to live is because of my church.

I am not angry with Tobias I know he will face Jesus one day and have to explain himself then.Please stop him from ruining other peoples lives.

Spokane, Washington, United States #845605

I found out Kamol now has all bank accts in her name.Once I have Komals full name she's going all over the Internet.

All the scammers will be exposed. One of the people that testified said Komals family is part of Al Qaeda.

We need to get the FBI into this.I bet he's funneling money to the Arabs.

to Stan #1088948

Kamal West-

......let me add MY experience and complaint!!...I am also a victim of his SCAMS.

He is creative.... in all the wrong and illegal areas. He is mindful and motivated in STEALING from innocent homeowners, and if he would be humble and honest, then he would make things right and give us victims our money back... The longer he waits, the more it is going to cost him....not only money but also jail time.

He has a wife and a son...is he that smart to teach his son that stealing and going to jail is cool? Karma. karma. it'll come around....

Tobey West....just make it right, give us our money back that you stole, and hand over those bank records...if you claim you are 'innocent'.

....or WE will not stop until we have justice!YOU scammed us and We do not stand for that!

Boca Raton, Florida, United States #845552

Tobey West a creative, mindful, and motivated agent

Posted on December 5, 2013

Tobey West a creative, mindful, and motivated agent Tobey West a creative, mindful, and motivated agent with all the compassion and drive that promotes him.Tobey West was pro for ten years in the financial industry.

As a manager Tobey West was a motivating leader, and a humble follower.Always make sure the smartest man […]

Posted on December 5, 2013

Tobey West Testimonials I have had the opportunity to work with Tobey West on many different real estate deals and projects over the past...

Spokane, Washington, United States #845178

Roger (or should we just call you Tobey) this guy can be the greatest real estate agent but the bottom line for the past 8 years he's been running a modification scam operation out of downtown Los Angeles bilking hundreds of homeowners out of thousands of dollars. We've already got sworn testimony from multiple sources implicating Tobey for his participation in the scam.

Tobey West Testimonials

I have had the opportunity to work with Tobey West on many different real estate deals and projects over the past 7 years.Tobey West has always been an absolute pleasure to work with.

He understands customer service and the real estate industry better than anyone I’ve met. His personality is contagious, and he makes the search for the perfect home or office enjoyable. I have only had positive results when I have worked with Tobey West. It is always a pleasure to work with Tobey West during the stressful times of selling and buying real estate.

He has always been very honest and forthcoming. I would recommend Tobey West to anyone that has real estate needs.

~Sally J. Los Angeles, CA

Tobey West very highly. He is a great person and an incredible realtor!

When we decided that we were ready to transition to a larger home we got in touch with Tobey West for some help and advice. We had the benefit of having known Tobey West and his family since the time we were kids which made our decision to use him as our agent easy. He is someone that we both felt that we could trust without question as we began the process of looking for a new home. Tobey West always made time for us when we were available to look through homes that we were interested in.

Eventually we found the perfect home and Tobey West represented us and coached us through the entire process. He made the experience enjoyable and...

We would not even consider trying to sell by owner again.

Thank you Tobey for all of your help! ~Theresa M. Los Angeles, CA

“‘Simply the very best!!!’ Cannot say it more simply and honestly! Without the help and extreme professionalism of Tobey West as our agent we could not found the place of our choice here in Los Angeles.

No matter what time of the day (or night) it was, Tobey West was always there to do his best to help us in our search for our new home. And, it worked out great for us! Tobey West professionalism is testimonial to the great service that he provides to all his clients; it is almost contagious to the point that he was not only our Realtor but he became one of our very good friends in this area. We can say without any reservations that if you want very knowledgeable, professional, efficient, and courteous and ever friendly service, Tobey West is your prime (and only) choice!

Nothing short of ‘simply the very best’!!” ~Roger M.Los Angeles, CA

No.1.

Understand the odds. Truth be told, the deck is really stacked against you. Through most of 2010, fewer than half all loan modifications were successful, and there are continuing doubts about how many people the program has been able to help. If you understand those odds right off the bat, you'll eliminate any unpleasant surprises.

Why hasn't HAMP gained more traction?

For one, HAMP is voluntary. Only Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac lenders are required to participate. Other lenders only participate if they want to, and they get to make up different modification strategies or rules as they see fit. Lender participation has also suffered due to constantly changing rules which make it difficult for mortgage lenders to update their procedures and train their employees accordingly.

Understanding this alone, it's no wonder that so few homeowners have successfully gotten permanent HAMP modifications.

2. Document every step. Two almost-universal experiences related by those seeking HAMP modifications are the constant miscommunication and the repeated loss of documents. Too often our readers have shared stories of how they receive one explanation from one representative and a completely different explanation to the same issue from a different employee the next time they call.

This kind of behavior may be...

Being on the receiving end of this kind of miscommunication is stressful, but understand that while you are being evaluated for HAMP, your lender is not allowed to foreclose. Receiving different answers to the same question, and being asked to resubmit paperwork is a waste of time and money for everyone involved. Here are some ways you can help your cause and speed up the process: •Keep a file of everything you send. From the insider info we've heard, HAMP applicants should expect to send and fax documents more than once.

If you're mailing in your documents, be sure to get a "return receipt" which certifies your papers were received. Keep all proofs of receipt as well. Organize your documents as though you will be taking them to court to prove your case. •Update and organize your file every week.

Each time you get new documents -- such as a bank statement or pay stub -- drop them in your file. If you do this, it's no big deal to send in the newest documents when asked for them. •Call the lender weekly to get the status of your modification. Take detailed notes about your conversation: record the name of whomever you speak to, the date it occurred, and for how long the conversation was for.

The weekly updates are your chance to have your contact clarify anything you don't understand. •Make sure your trial payments are made on time, every time. The easiest way to be denied a permanent modification is failing to make your payments on time. Be prepared to prove that you made those payments.

No. 3. Read up on the latest loan modification guidelines. Your lender's loan modification employees may not be well-versed in the latest guidelines, so don't rely on their knowledge.

As we mentioned, it is very common for applicants to get different interpretations of the same rules from different employees within the same company. The Government Accountability Office (GAO) reported in June 2010 that loan modification guidelines were being applied very unevenly across the nation's lenders. For example, do you know which of your assets can be counted towards your ability to make payments? While the HAMP program guidelines for mortgage servicers specifically says that retirement assets are not to be considered, loan modification employees often have their own interpretation of the rules.

One Nevada homeowner (who did not wish to be identified because he is still fighting with his lender), described how volunteering information about his retirement assets set him back: "One employee told me that I would be declined for HAMP because I still had a 401(k) account. Two others told me that retirement accounts were not considered. "Eventually I was declined for HAMP and then offered another program that was not as good. I wish I'd never included the 401(k) in my assets, since it wasn't supposed to be counted." The lesson?

Do your own homework on the HAMP guidelines rather than rely on the advice of your lender's employees. No. 4. Reapply if you are denied.

HAMP guidelines don't include provisions for any appeal process. However, you are allowed to reapply if your circumstances have changed after your denial. Self-described "loan mod guru" Anna Cuevas encourages people to reapply as many times as necessary to get their modification. For example, if you are denied a modification because you have at least three months' of mortgage payments in the bank, you can reapply once you no longer have it.

No. 5. Stay positive. If you can jump through the hoops, a mortgage modification can be worth the hassle.

It's not all doom and gloom. A successful loan mod can save you a lot of money, not to mention your home. Cuevas points out in her e-book, Dirty Little Loan Modification Secrets, that you must "go in with a certain mindset of success in order for you to accomplish the goal of modifying your loan. It is not impossible and you can do it, but it is important that you take a courageous, determined and knowledgeable approach to requesting a loan modification." Just how much can a loan modification help?

A joint report from the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency and the Office of Thrift Supervision found that successful HAMP modifications in the second quarter of 2010 gave borrowers an average monthly payment reduction of $608, while private loan modifications lowered payments by an average of $307. How can you calculate your potential upside if you actually make it through the approval process? One way is to multiply your gross monthly income by 0.31. (Your modified HAMP payment, including principal, interest, any HOA dues, taxes and insurance, should not exceed 31% of your gross monthly income.) Subtract that payment from what you currently pay for all of those things, and you'll see your potential savings.

Once you have a concrete number in hand, you'll know if the possible benefit is worth the hassle of applying for a loan modification.By following these tips -- and throwing in a good dose of persistence -- you can maximize your chances of getting approved.

~Sally J. Los Angeles, CA

Tobey West very highly. He is a great person and an incredible realtor!

We would not even consider trying to sell by owner again.

Thank you Tobey for all of your help! ~Theresa M. Los Angeles, CA

Nothing short of ‘simply the very best’!!” ~Roger M.Los Angeles, CA

He's trying to get back in business. Beware. http://tobeywest.com/tobey-west-profile

to Jake Austin Spokane, Washington, United States #835531

im going to make sure he is exposed for everything he is!!!!

I just posted this on a couple of other sites: Wow, the Universe and karma are still allowing this guy to breath?Unbelievable.

I worked for this POS in the first half of 2007, just before the mortgage crash. It's guys like Tobey and his partner Corey W. that were part of the problem. I first worked for them (along with 4-6 or so other guys) at Fidelity in Century City and Korea town.

Tobey and Corey (Douches de Deux as my email folder is titled) then boogied (taking us Junior Loan Officers with them) and set up shop at 3701 Highland in Manhattan Beach as Clarity One Financial. We worked 10-12 hours a day and were to be paid on commission only, all the while being exposed to their evil and greedy business practices. Every step they made was illegal and/or unethical though I only *heard* (wink, wink) about bank statements being photo-shopped before being sent to processing. The family of one of the JLO was going through them for a refi, and Douches de Deux tried to sneak in a 5 pt commission and higher interest rates.

I hope both of them read this at some point so they both know that the way I see it, they still owe me at least $9k, which I know I will never collect. I'm just happy knowing that I'm ornery enough to live longer than both of them and I look forward to the day that I get to *** on their graves.

Or whatever gutter Tobey founds himself in with that meth pipe in his hand.Hey, but I really would love to see both of you again.

apfrau

If you were scammed by him or Family 1st Home Preservation, or Legal Affiliates Group, please send me your Name, email and phone # to: chmeitli@me.com. I am collecting the names of as many victims as possible....! Thanks

PF 7/12713

Do not let these people get away with taking your money. Too personally file a complaint with Tobey/Todd West please make complaints to Nourmand and Associates at 6525 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA. Speak with Howard Lorey. They have to contact the DRE to notify them of the illegal collection of funds. Tobey West also uses a virtual office located at 433 N Camden Drive #609 Beverly Hills, CA. This is not a physical address. To show up at his office please go to 3325 Wilshire Blvd. Unit 940. Los Angeles, CA 90010.

Tobias (Tobey) West, Owner/ Licensed REALTOR IN CALIFORNIA, License with the Department of Real Estate #01485673

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( ...

scammedbytobeywest

According to California law SB94 it is illegal for ANYONE in the state of California to collect an upfront fee for a loan modification.If you are a victim of Tobey West you can contact the California Department of Real Estate and the Federal Trade Commission FTC.

Tobias I.A.West California Department of Real Estate #01485673.

View more comments

Legal Affiliates Group - I WAS SCAMMED BY TOBIAS I.A. WEST FOR A LOAN MODIFICATION

Los Angeles, California 7 comments

Tobias West, aka Todd West, aka Todd Goodman is the same person that scammed me at Consumer Advocates Group. I put all the pieces together when he sent over the same agreement that CAG used back in 2010. After CAG was closed down it looks like Tobey/Todd West picked up the pieces and started his own company. He used the same press releases, same info on his website, same documents and same sales pitch. I have emailed the FTC and let them know what is going on now.

Ever since being ripped off by these disgusting pigs I have made it my mission to expose them in any fashion possible. If you have been scammed by FAMILY FIRST HOME PRESERVATION SERVICES, formerly known as FAMILY 1st HOME PRESERVATION SERVICES, formerly known as LOAN EDUCATORS USA please contact MIRY KIM,mkim@ftc.gov MARY T. BENFIELDmbenfield@ftc.gov. Please let the FTC know that they are located at 3325 Wilshire Blvd. Unit 940. Los Angeles, CA 90010. Also if you scammed into paying by check, you can always contact your bank and let them know you were scammed and they will reverse the check you paid them with.

Review about: Loan Modification Fraud.

Comments

Well he is still at it...

Tobias West who now uses the name Eric Decker is possibly the most despicable piece of filth I had the displeasure of working for.You may be familiar with his name by now as he is floating all over Rip off Report and other forums for his relentless scams against people.

I began working at Select Student Quote about a month ago. The advertisement on craigslist stated that the compensation for the position was between $18-20 hourly depending on experience. I quickly found that was NOT true and no matter the experience he starts all employees off at $9/hourly and after two weeks your pay is increased to $11, a huge decline from the original advertisement. Frustrated but unaware of how horrible the experience was soon to become I continued my stay for a while.

Not before long I began to witness his verbal abuse towards his employees. He was constantly using derogatory terms against the very people who were making the company money. Countless times I heard him refer to people as "*** idiots" '***" and "***." He went so far as to make racial slurs against Persians telling me that ,"Persians are disgusting people... all of them disgusting."

I recall many of his employees feeling completely irate at his constant threats to fire people if they did not comply with his irrational and personal demands.

For example when many people decided to leave the company after being exhausted by Eric Decker aka Tobias...

But I soon found that even people close to him were not excluded from his viciousness and deceitful actions. In addition to his scandalous behavior his total disregard for following proper protocol was baffling. His miscategorizing his workers as 1099, yet demanding that they perform the role of a regular employee, his refusal to put the ADP Employee Rights signage up because much like former slave owners in the postbellem South he would prefer his workers to not know that they have rights, his inappropriate verbiage, and unethical management of Select Student Quote by Eric Decker aka Tobias West finally led me to part ways.

Before anyone else decides to work at this company I felt it only right to to provide transparency and inform the public about who this *** is.His company "Select Student Quote" previously Select Student Loan Help or Select SL Help and the tax division BH Tax Solutions is a company to be wary of enrolling with as a consumer and working for as an employee.

to Anonymous #1077531

wow....intersting lead...

i am going to look into this....he needs to be in jail...

to Anonymous #1077747

What is the physical address of his office? I'll have the FBI FTC and LAPD show up at his office and arrest him.

to Anonymous #1112375

This is interesting.What is the exact address of his operation?

I know they Feds are after him and they would love to kick his door in and arrest him and his terrorist wife.

This joker deserves to be in prison and his wife deported.

I just wrote this for another site: Wow, the Universe and karma are still allowing this guy to breath?Unbelievable.

When the guy came to work and asked about it, tiny Tobey puffed his chest and fired the kid. I myself was there for about 5 months and had made $1,100, getting screwed on my first deal of course, and was just waiting for a second deal to go through so I could have another $7,500 to show for my time, but they fired me a couple of weeks before the client signed the papers . I was supposed to get commission, but of course didn't. A group of us filed...

Or whatever gutter Tobey founds himself in with that meth pipe in his hand.Hey, but I really would love to see both of again.

apfrau

If YOU were scammed by him or Family1st Home Preservation, please send me your Name, Phone, and State to chmeitli@me.com.

I am collecting names of victims, as it may be come in handy later...

Thanks